The San Francisco Improv Festival celebrates the art of improvisational theater by presenting work by local and out-of-town ensembles, producing workshops with the most innovative minds in the artform, and educating the public about all aspects of improvised performance.
The 2016 San Francisco Improv Festival production board consists of Executive Producer, Jamie Wright, Board Members Cassidy Brown, Jill Eickmann, Kimberly MacLean, Chris Hayes, Chris Libby, and Associate Producers Gemma Bulos and Erin Daruszka. Founder Sam Shaw works with the festival in an advisory capacity.
VIEW OUR FAQ
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you are a performer in SFIF we have been sending emails with all sorts of handy dandy information to the name & email that was listed in your application. Some of the information sent in those emails is contained below – but you should definitely make sure those messages are being shared with your entire group.
How do I know if my troupe is in SFIF this year?
You should have received an email notification to the contact address you provided on your application whether your troupe is in our fest this year or not. If you still have questions contact our Submissions email
How do I connect to you on social media?
Twitter: @sfimprovfest – #SFIF2015
National Improv Network: http://www.nationalimprovnetwork.com/festival-event-profile/?eventkey=268
How can I help promote my troupe’s show in SFIF?
We want and need your help filling up those audience seats!
- Use the links to our social media, tag us & yourselves!
- Invite people to the Facebook Event we’ve created (your troupe’s contact has been sent a link or you can find through our SFIF FB page)
- Like our FB page then like & share event listings and SFIF postings to help us spread the word. Retweet our #SF1F2015 postings to reach a wider audience.
What special perks does my troupe get for being in SFIF?
All performers will receive a festival pass bracelet that will give you free entry to all shows with open/unpurchased seats. You can find them listed https://www.eventbrite.com/d/local/sfif/
Workshops are open and are selling pretty quickly, some are already sold out. We encourage you to sign up now, we have reserved a few spots for performers in each workshop using the discount code sent to your troupe’s main contact.
Private Info Page for troupe members:
Your main troupe contact received an email with a private link to a performers only Facebook page where we will share updates and special information just for you.
My troupe is in the SFIF this year – what do you need from me & my peeps?
- Your troupe’s Twitter handle
- Your troupe’s Facebook link
- 50 word blurb of your team/troupe
- 100 word bio for your team/troupe that includes a show description
- High-resolution (300dpi 8×10) group photo in jpeg or TIFF format
- Cast List
- Graphic/Team Logo (if you have one).
- Info. about anything special your troupe or members have going on.
- Links to articles, blog posts, press features or other publicity about your trouper and/or its members.
- Links to HIGH QUALITY videos (edited, titled, nice lighting & audio) & audio interviews.
Something is incorrect, outdated, or not working on our Eventbrite ticket page, what should I do?
If you have any changes or concerns, including a different picture or graphic, or different descriptions for your troupe, please send those to our ticketing maven, Cassidy.
I have a question/concern about the night of our show who do I contact?
It is less than a week until our show: your main troupe contact has the contact info (cell & email) for your troupe’s producer – (if for any reason you are not able to reach your producer try Jill , our Troupe Communications Lead).
It is more than a week until our show: Contact Jill (our Troupe Communications Lead) and/or your producer (your troupe’s main contact should have this contact info).
It is a question about technical aspects: Contact our Tech. Director Heather (we encourage you to cc Jill and/or your producer).