It’s application time – apply to the 2011 San Francisco Improv Festival!!
The San Francisco Improv Festival is now accepting applications for SFIF 2011!
Acts have until May 8th to submit their application with a link to a 10-minute video sample of their work.
We’re encouraging improvisors from all over the country to apply via the festival website, submitting their videos online. Last year was fantastic with performances & appearances by The Committee, Uncle’s Brother featuring Tim Meadows, Kim “Howard” Johnson, Armando Diaz, Jonathan Pitts, and an overall excellent round of national and international acts who brought top-shelf shows to celebrate improv San Francisco-style.
Here’s the scoop for 2011:
- Applications are processed completely online.
- Applications are considered almost wholly on the strength of video submissions.
- Invitees to the festival are guaranteed at least one performance slot.
- Performance slots are 40 minutes.
- Invited performers get free access to all open seats at performances.
- Invitees get advance access to sign up for workshops.
- The application fee is $35 and non-refundable.
Submissions Open: March 1st
Submissions Close: May 8th
Lineup Announced: May 15th
Festival Opens: August 18th
Closing Night: August 27th
The SFIF will be producing a workshop master series this Spring, so check back to the festival website often, and get on our Facebook and Twitter pages/profiles. We’re looking to top an amazing 2010, so send in your submissions early and bring your A-game…!!